[PLUG]apache 1.3.12

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 21:44:44 -0700

------
Redhat uses a very conventional init script startup so why not just use the
safeguards built in to the system...

/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd start|stop|restart|status

or (I'm not sure which version of redhat that this became acceptable)

service httpd start|stop|restart|status

this will make sure that configuration files are read from disk when
launched. Which if it was installed from rpm will certainly look to
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf for it's configuration which is quite vast. If it
was installed from tarballs, I would be normal to find the configuration
file in /usr/local/apache/conf.

Craig