OT: Getting started with MySQL

Kirt Karl plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 06 Jul 2001 09:56:56 -0700

--Boundary_(ID_0Q5Swdc7fGEfASpQ80LayA)

I've got a project here at work that may give me an opportunity to learn
SQL. I need to parse comma delimited text files into data sets and then
generate HTML graphs to be published on the web. I've found a Java based
graphing package that may do what I need and it has a SQL interface.

I've already go a Linux Box sitting on my desk and I figured MySQL may be
the way to go. I'd really appreciate any advice on intro texts or other
sources of info you've found helpful. I'm looking for introductory
information about setup, use, and backup.

If any of you have a niftier way of accomplishing this, I'd appreciate any
additional info you have!

TIA, Kirt

--Boundary_(ID_0Q5Swdc7fGEfASpQ80LayA)

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>OT: Getting started with MySQL</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I've got a project here at work that may give me an =
opportunity to learn SQL. I need to parse comma delimited text files =
into data sets and then generate HTML graphs to be published on the =
web. I've found a Java based graphing package that may do what I need =
and it has a SQL interface. </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I've already go a Linux Box sitting on my desk and I =
figured MySQL may be the way to go. I'd really appreciate any advice on =
intro texts or other sources of info you've found helpful. I'm looking =
for introductory information about setup, use, and backup. </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>If any of you have a niftier way of accomplishing =
this, I'd appreciate any additional info you have!</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>TIA, Kirt</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>=

--Boundary_(ID_0Q5Swdc7fGEfASpQ80LayA)--