System Flakyness

Kevin Brown plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 05 Jul 2001 22:21:06 -0700

OK, well I gave memtest86 (www.memtest86.com) a shot.  It gets to test 4 (Moving
inv, 32 bit pattern, cached) and after less than 15 minutes of total running
time the system just reboots.  I don't see any error messages popping up on the
screen, so I guess it is safe to assume that the memory is most likely trouble
and the error is fatal.  Guess I need to find the receipt and figure out how to
deal with the lifetime warranty of it to get it replaced (yep Fry's RAM).

Is this a fair assessment?