In desperate need of inexpensive working Network card!

Jason plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 05 Jul 2001 18:00:59 +0000

Craig White wrote:
> 3Com is fine - Novell clone cards are fine AS LONG AS ...
> 2. You have the proper configuration software to configure them because
> they are jumperless and you have to use software to configure the IRQ &
> Base Address.

None of the ISA NE2000 cards I dealt with back in the day were
jumperless. They all had jumpers for base address, IRQ, and which port
you wished to use if they supported more than one type. The way that
ISA cards were MEANT to be made.

:-)

--
jkenner @ mindspring . com__
I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|