Call for topics (was Re: July Meeting Topics )

John (EBo) David plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 03 Jul 2001 21:17:43 -0700

Chris Cowan wrote:

> You should call Eric Thelin (AzPHP Sponsor) to come in and do a PHP
> presentation.
>
> I would LOVE to see presentations on Kernel Compiling, Anti Alias Fonts, KDE
> 2, Security Issues, Setting Up a Web Server, Setting up a DHCP/NAT server, VI
> (basics and advanced), Emacs (basics and advanced), Installing Debian, GIMP,
> Networking (Multiple IP's, IP-Chains, SSH and XWindows through SSH, general
> tricks and tips), and Gaming on Linux (that shouldn't be too hard to find
> someone)... am I leaving something out?

multi-processing (PVM/MPI) and realtime programming, CORBA and DCOM,
graphics rendering, ...

anyone know details about the guy in Italy who built a Linux driven car,
that did a 1500km hands off tour of Italy? What software did he use to
do the image processing?!?!?  I wanna build one too!!!

  EBo --