Konqueror and Java [re2]

Kurt Granroth plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 13:38:57 -0700

On Tuesday 03 July 2001 12:16 pm, John wrote:
>  I tried everything you said and I still get the same behaviour from java
> applets. The konqueror site is down this morning as well. Can't remember,
> do I need to rename or delete the kjava.jar file in /usr/share/apps/kjava?

No.  All you *need* to do is add the JSSE 1.0.2 jar files to the proper
directory.  So if you do this:

 % ls $KDEDIR/share/apps/kjava
 jcert.jar  jnet.jar  jsse.jar  kjava.jar  kjava.policy

You should see that result.  Then, make sure that you don't have any java
processes running since Konqueror might pick those up.  Then, go to the
control panel and turn on "Show Java Console" (Java tab, Web Browser control
panel).  That should show some debug messages as you browse.
            KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop