apache help?

Dan Brown plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 03 Jul 2001 08:23:08 -0700

randy melder wrote:

> I need some real Apache Guru help... I think...
>
> I'm having trouble configuring a ReverseProxy. I can't make the server
> Rewrite the URL with a '/' at the end of the URL.
>
> http://mydomain.com/mydir -->i want it to be
> -->http://mydomain.com/mydir/
>
> What I am trying looks like this:
>
> RewriteEngine On
> RewriteRule ^/mydir$ /mydir/ [P]
>
> ProxyPass blah blah
> ProxyPassReverse blah blah
>
> The pages work, the images don't... I've read every page on the net on
> this subject.

You don't specifically state which docs you've read so forgive me if
you've already seen this one.

    http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/rewriteguide.html

There is a section entitled "Trailing Slash Problem" that describes a
situation similar to yours (even mentions images).  I provide this link
because the solution there doesn't look quite like what you provide.

Hope this helps.
Dan