High Temp Computing was Re: hello

John (EBo) David plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 02 Jul 2001 13:56:08 -0700

"J.Francois" wrote:

> The servers in the fridge project is put on hold until I can figure
> out how to mount my HP9000/800/G40 and Clarion Raid Disk Array
> in the damn thing.
>
> The PC servers are easy, that HP beast is not.

are you totally adversed to drilling, etc? a couple of modified slidable
fridge shelves might do the trick (but I would have to look at it for
sure)...

If you need help I can take a look at it.  As a note, I worked as a
journeyman machinist for about 7 years and serverd an additional
appreticeship with a master blacksmith.  I did not bring much in the way
of tools with me when I came back to gradschool, but I can usually
cobble something together...

> However, I did figure out how to route all of the wiring for power
> and ethernet thru the freezer inlet for the ice maker, thru the
> freezer and into the fridge section wihtout having to do any cutting
> or drilling.

chill'n ;-)

> The UPS sits on top of the fridge and a power strip lives inside
> the fridge.
>
> It's all set up, theres just nothing in it right now.
>
> I'll work on it some more this winter and see what I can come up with.
>
> I haven't given up, just got slowed down by a new challenge.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with ;-)

 EBo --