Star Tac Organizers

Mark R. Myers plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 03 Jul 2001 00:47:30 -0700

The StarTac is/was a stripped down PalmOS that was only accessible via Motorola's Windows software. They were never meant to be a Palm
replacement, hence, no Linux support.
As an aside, I purchased a Palm VIIx at Fry's and took it back the next day. After only 45 minutes of "web clipping," the Palm told me
I would have to go "offline" for 2 hours for its rechargeable batteries to recharge. After I took it back, I bought a Casio Cassiopeia
E-115 PocketPC. Yes, I do want my handheld to do EVERYTHING. I wish it had voice dictation and recognition, but alas, that must wait.
So for now I run Win2K Pro in VMWare so that I can still use the functionality of my PocketPC and keep my checking account up-to-date
with Microsoft Money (please don't boo & hiss).
I want my computer to be able to do everything! That is why I use Linux!
Mark

PS I used to have the StarTac Organizer for my phone and loved it--until one day I got in my van and when I sat down, the steering
wheel caught my phone and ripped the StarTac off of my phone, breaking the mounting bracket on the phone in the process. I sold the
StarTac for $50 on E-bay and ground down the sharp broken points on my phone and filled in the whole with glue (hey, I can't afford to
buy another $250 phone just because of a small glitch (besides, the StarTac is a GREAT phone)).