X Window Server Crashes Bad

Bob Cober plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 02 Jul 2001 21:15:22 -0700

Are you installing the source RPMs?

There are instructions in the README for both.  Download the source and
install those.  When you install RedHat, don't use a graphical login for
X and make sure you install the source for the kernel.....you will need
those header files when you recompile.

If you don't use a graphical login then there is no need to reinstall
after a bogus X configuration.

So to summarize:
1)  Install RedHat, with source, and no graphical login
2)  Download source RPMs for nvidia drivers
3)  Follow readme (which has you install and compile the drivers, then
edit your xconfig)
4)  run startx

You said you were using a Geforce MX card, right?