KDE Office filters

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 02 Jul 2001 20:41:18 -0700

Kurt Granroth wrote:

> On Monday 02 July 2001 01:51 pm, Craig White wrote:
> > Do I need to restart KDE / X ? - I will do that immediately after
> > sending this email
>
> Okay, I did some digging.  If you a running KOffice 1.0 and KDE 2.1[.1] then
> you will have problems.  See this for details:
> http://bugs.kde.org/db/23/23726.html
>
> The best "fix" for this is to get KOffice 1.1Beta and install that.  Not only
> is it hugely improved, but it just might solve your problem :-)
> --
-------------
Here's the rub - I don't want to spend 3 hours and risk this
installation - just because the import filters don't work. I already
have Star Office up and running - besides, two taps of the control key
and I'm running Win2K anyway. I'm still wasting my time playing with
openldap and pam-smb and iptables and I am most anxious to try to get
telephony going. This linux thing has more holes for time-suck than I
could have ever imagined.

I've got RedHat 7.1 - KDE installed from RPM's / updated to
KDE-libs-2.1.2

I don't want to start removing rpm's just to install from tarballs and
I'm not eager to learn how to make RPM's from source. If KDE had
originally been installed from tarballs, then I'd be all over it.

Unless you have painless / relatively simple way to ensure that I'm not
spending some hours recovering or having to switch to gnome because I've
nuked my K setup, I'll wait for someone to roll me RPM's.

Thanks for tracking it down - I look forward to the new version of
KDE-Office but will patiently wait the month or two.

Craig