konqueror in Mandrake 8

Kurt Granroth plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 16:49:43 -0700

On Monday 02 July 2001 03:03 pm, John wrote:
>  I was on the right track with creating the kjava dir at least :)
> Mandrake ships with 2.1.1.
> http://www.dslreports.com/stest?loc=1 Would be an example of having to push
> a button to initiate an applet. I can get the applet to load but cannot
> start the test. When i try it merely highlights the verbose and start
> buttons. Sure is nice havng a KDE developer on the list!!

Okay, that particular page *does* use JSSE so it's not a focus problem like I
thought earlier.  Konqueror should be able to handle this just fine if you
follow the steps outlined on konqueror.org.

Now you should already HAVE the systemwide share/apps/kjava directory.  Do
this 'locate kjava.jar'.  It should give you something like
/usr/share/apps/kjava/kjava.jar.  The important thing is to note which
directory it actually is.  Now copy over jcert.jar, jnet.jar, and jsse.jar
into that directory.  Restart Konqueror.  It should work....
            KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop