sendmail and named on the same machine

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 12:52:29 -0700

--------
this is a moving target depends upon your distro & your version of sendmail

typically, /etc/mail/access would be where you put directives... i.e.

mac@azapple.com	RELAY
192.168.1		RELAY

note that changes here would usually need to rehash db so service sendmail
restart would hash it.

Also, some distro's are wrapping it in tcpwrappers so you would need to add
the name/ip address to /etc/hosts to allow someone to RELAY to another/any
other mail server.

HTH

Craig