KDE Office filters

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 12:44:27 -0700

---
Indeed - KWord & KSpread ;-)
---

> There are Word/Excel filters in KOffice that will be released
> with KOffice
> 1.1 (due sometime in August).  They are in CVS right now.  KOffice isn't
> released with KDE anymore.. it has it's own release schedule.
>
> Now as to the status of the filters.. well, it depends.  I just
> tried opening
> all of my .doc files with KWord and all worked well-enough.  That
> is to say,
> I could read all the text and the formatting was mostly right.
> None of the
> graphics were imported, though, so it's just text.  I don't have
> any Excel
> spreadsheets to test KSpread so I can't comment on it.
---
Thus far - every time I have tried to open a .doc file with KWord, it just
says could not open file of type application/msword and completely quits -
similar happens when I use KSpread/.xls file. I presume that is because you
are using a cvs version and not a general release that slobs like me are
using.
---

> I recommend that you download KOffice 1.1Beta and give it a try with your
> docs.

---
Hmmm - might just do that.

Thanks, you are a godsend.