hello

Kurt Granroth plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 10:43:39 -0700

On Monday 02 July 2001 10:47 am, Jason wrote:
> My box locked up recently due to what I believe to be three things:
>
> 1. xlock keeping CPU usage high
> 2. dust on the fansink. a LOT of dust.
> 3. the homeowner being somewhat cheap, always sets the AC up to 76 (I
> like 74). I think he overtwisted it cause it was on 80 that day.

FWIW, I doubt that #3 has anything to do with it.  In my experience, CPUs
don't lock until they get near or above 60C (about 140F).  In any event, the
difference between 76 and 80 is nothing to a CPU.

Also FWIW, being cheap myself, I keep the temperature of my house at 78-80
depending on the time of day.  One of my linux servers has now been up
solidly for nearly 3 months with no flucuations in temperature that I can't
explain.
            KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop