ERRATA: More on the DNS/BIND Problems...and one solution...

J.L.Francois jlf@magusnet.gilbert.az.us
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 21:09:35 -0700

Corrections follow:
RFC1918 is the correct RFC for "Address Allocation for Private Internets".
DJBDNS: http://cr.yp.to/djbdns.html

Thanks to Hans and Rodney for seeing the obvious :)

Orig Msg> All are being served by the nameserver on the firewall which is a forwarder
Orig Msg> host for my Internal machines which are all on private RFC1618 space.

Orig Msg> I am now running DJBDNS exclusivly on OpenBSD
Orig Msg> Sparc systems internally for all DNS: http://cr.yp.to/djbdns

Jean Francois - JLF Sends...
President & CEO - MagusNet, Inc., MagusNet.com, MagusNet.Gilbert.AZ.US
MagusNet, Inc. - Design * Develop * Integrate
Internet / Intranet Deployment, SQL Database Access for WWW,
Secure Offsite Data Storage, Disaster Recovery Planning and Management,
UNIX System Security, CGI & SQL programming, UNIX Training, Linux/BSD support,
Proxy/Filtering Firewalls, & UNIX System Administration.