Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender (fwd)

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 22:54:31 -0700 (MST)

are we live....

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.YourCompanyHere.net ;-)
#  I've got a photographic memory,
#  but I'm lousy photographer. - der.hans

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 20:21:10 -0700
From: Mail Delivery System <Mailer-Daemon@LuftHans.com>
To: PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

recipients. The following address(es) failed:

  plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us:
    Connection timed out:
    retry timeout exceeded

Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 13:48:04 -0700 (MST)
From: "der.hans" <PLUGd@LuftHans.com>
To: "'plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us'" <plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us>
Subject: Re: POP3 Forwarding help needed

Am 23. Jan, 2001 schw=E4zte Wacks, David so:

> I remember doing something like this in the past and was wondering if any=
one
> had any suggestions.
>=20
> Scenario: I am hosting several email accounts with an ISP (access via
> POP3/Outlook).  I want to move to another ISP. I have all of the username=
> and passwords.
>=20
> Goal: is to move the unread mail (mail on the old ISP) to the new isp for
> each user.
>=20
> The way I did it before was a PERL script the cycled through the username=
> SU as the user and POPped the mail down. This works great to get it to th=
> server, but now I need to forward each to a different ISP/User.
>=20
> Anyone have any ideas/scripts/software?

Set up accounts and .forward files for each of the users on a
machine. Make sure the .forward for each of the users has their new
addy in it. Get the mail either via fetchmail or the setup you used
before. The .forwards will toss it on towards the end destination.

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.YourCompanyHere.n=
et ;-)
#  Practice socially consious hedonism. Do whatever you want,
#  as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. - der.hans