Redhat Worm?

George Toft george@georgetoft.com
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 05:32:18 -0700

This seems so similar to the Millennium Internet Worm that hit me
a couple years ago.  Strange thing is, there is so little about
it on the Internet (google search for "millennium internet worm"
shows 9 hits, all but two are from my e-mails or web site.  The
other two are in Korea which seems to describe how to launch a
similar worm.

I know this thing is still out there, and still works on Red Hat
as I have received e-mail about it as recently as November, 2000.
Red Hat closed the trouble ticket without explanation, just "It
is closed" so it is not fixed.  I guess there are not too many
outbreaks of MIW to concern too many people.

George