UPS for Linux?

Shawn T. Rutledge ecloud@bigfoot.com
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 20:00:38 -0700

On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 08:09:38AM -0700, Rusty Carruth wrote:
> I think there is at least one other UPS mfgr that has linux software
> also.

And that might have been Best Power, if memory serves.

> If you are intersted, I may be able to pick up a used UPS, replace
> the batteries, and have you a working ups for significantly less
> than a new one.  For example, I have a Inmac ClearSignal 1200VA

I've got an old Inmac UPS too, I forget if it's the same model but
it's huge.  It works but the batteries are getting really weak.
I found some batteries for other UPSs at 1-800-Batteries but do you
have any better source for them?

--
  _______                   Shawn T. Rutledge / KB7PWD  ecloud@bigfoot.com
 (_  | |_)          http://www.bigfoot.com/~ecloud  kb7pwd@kb7pwd.ampr.org