apache

Don Harrop Don Harrop <don@nis4u.com>
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 16:14:01 -0700 (MST)

In the httpd.conf file I've finally played with the server-status and
server-info directives.  Very cool!  I wish I would have started playing
with them earlier. :-)  But, there is another directive for viewing system
documents in /usr/doc (or wherever) that I can't seem to get working.
>From the looks of the default syntax it should just work if you point your
web browser to http://localhost/doc.  I seem to be getting an error that
the page can't be found.  It's sets itself up with an:

Alias /doc/ /usr/doc
<Location /doc>

directive instead of a <Directory "/usr/doc">.  What's the difference
between the two?  Just how exactly is this feature supposed to work
anyway?  Point my web browser to localhost/doc and get an indexed listing
of my documents or what?  I'm going to check out apache.org right now but
I thought this would be interesting for everyone anyway so I posted
it.. :-)

Don