ppp question

Furmanek, Greg Greg.Furmanek@hit.cendant.com
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 16:50:32 -0500

Let me first explain what kind of problem I am dealing with.

I am trying to develop a solution in which the system
dials out automatically to an ISP and connects.

It would be really easy if it was just one ISP however
this system has to be able to connect to a backup ISP
and then if that does not work it will have to dial
another number and connect to that machine.
The system also has to be configured in dial-on-demand
fashion.

For example:
1. the daemon is started and it is idling in the
	background waiting for connections.
2. application requests connection to the internet
3. the daemon dials first number and attempts connection
	if it is successful we do not have to do anything else
	however if it is not
4. the daemon dials different number
5. if the second number is not successful we dial third number.

Is this possible if so how?

Grzegorz Furmanek
Furmanek.Greg@hit.cendant.com
Three Mile Island '79   Chernobyl '86   Windows '00 (1900)