php question

David P. Schwartz davids@desertigloo.com
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 12:37:39 -0700

sinck@ugive.com wrote:

> \_ The [PHP] script gets the file, uploads it, and the $myfile
> \_ variable says the uploaded file is named something like
> \_ "/var/tmp/phpq32345".  However, I don't have write permissions to
> \_ /var/tmp.
>
> You don't, but does the server?  If the server has perms there, then
> you're good to go...just copy out the file and unlink it.  If not,
> hope for another response.  :-)

Nothing ever shows up in the /var/tmp directory.  Owner is a number (1102 (?)) and group is 'wheel'.  The PHP scripts are created as
owned by nobody in group nobody, which is not a member of the wheel group.

My question really has to do with re-directing this via established methods of over-riding the defaults -- the local php3.ini file isn't
being read.  That's what is of more concern. :-)