Laptop as a server?

Mark Phillips phillips@usa.net
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 09:15:58 -0700

Steven,

I have been using a DEC Hinote (486, 20M RAM and 200 M HD) as a home proxy
and print servers for a few years and it is great. I use COX cable modem for
Internet access, and I have a home LAN with 4 computers on it. I also have
my high sped laser printer hooked up to the parallel port, and the printer
is shared by all on the network. I don't use the battery, the laptop is just
plugged into the wall and sits quietly in the corner doing its thing. It is
better than trashing it!

Mark