qmail

Armand buckyG@worldnet.att.net
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 22:20:48 -0700

Keith Smith wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to install Qmail on Caldera eServer 2.3.  I have followed
> the How-To http://plug.phoenix.az.us/step-by-step/qmail/index.html and
> when I perform the last step I get an error message "Shadow-Utils is
> needed by Qmail-1.03-6:.
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Keith Smith

I believe it is trying to find either of both of these packages:

sh-utils-1.16-7.i386.rpm
shadow-misc-1.1-3.i386.rpm

which come with the ditro and may all ready be installed and qmail can't
find them

if they're not installed you can find them on your install disk or at:

ftp://ftp.calderasystems.com/pub/eServer/Packages/RPMS/

if qmail can't find them because of Caldera's sometimes unique file
hierarchy then you'll have to tell qmail where to find it

BTW Caldera's Users List runs on ezelm+qmail so they know what to do,
have you used your support freebie yet?

Regards,

Armand