LDAP

Lucas Vogel lvogel@exponent.com
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 10:27:32 -0800

LDAP is starting to sound like a good PLUG meeting topic...

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Barendt [mailto:ericb@cybertrails.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2001 11:20 AM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Re: LDAP

Well, I'm assuming you know what LDAP stands for, which is about all I knew
a few months ago.  I don't have much experience with anything involving
Windows/Outlook and LDAP, but it should work for you..

LDAP keeps track of user information... userid, password, home directory,
etc.. if your users don't need real accounts on the qmail server, they can
have virtual accounts if you have the qmail-ldap patch installed.  There is
a nifty LDAP administration tool at http://sysadminsith.org/software/last.

I'm sure you'll want more information, feel free to e-mail me with any
questions... I've learned a ton about LDAP in these last few months as I've
been converting the ISP I work for ...

Eric
ericb@krazed.org