Long Linux Boot Time

Hawke proudhawk19021@home.com
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 01:01:25 -0700

sendmail depends on having named working correctly...
part of the problem you have is that sendmail is looking for
an active network connection. if its not there, it can cause
the machine to hang for up to 5 minutes before it figures out
that the connection isn't there.

I've had to modify some of the startup scripts to check for
the network first (and if its not up, to bypas the application).

hawke