open files (was Re: Virtual Hosting)

Craig White craigwhite@azapple.com
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 20:33:56 -0700

A Windows Web server with a security issue...

Dear Customer,

On December 22nd, as a precautionary measure I wrote to inform you of an
attack on our computer systems.  Regrettably, until now, we have not been
able to update you or comment publicly on the situation, due to an ongoing
investigation into the matter.

While the FBI investigation is ongoing, I can now give you an update on our
internal investigation, which has uncovered evidence which suggests that
Egghead.com's existing security systems interrupted the intrusion while it
was in progress, and that customer data has not been compromised.

<snip>

http://www.onsale.com
http://www.egghead.com

;-)

- Craig White - PO Box 8634 - Scottsdale, Arizona - 85252
- e-mail address ................ - CraigWhite@AzApple.com
- world wide web address ........ - http://www.AzApple.com
- e-mail my pager address ....... - 6023779752@airtouch.net
- cellular phone ................ - (602) 377-9752
- voice/facsimile ............... - (480) 945-8445