HELP SAMBA Please!!!

Steven M. Klass sklass@andigilog.com
Mon, 08 Jan 2001 14:09:36 -0700

Thanks for the advice, but I figured it out.  Good ole M$ apparently must
write temp files as "." files.  My config forced "." files to be veto'd and
thus the problem.  When I removed the line veto files = blah I was
ok..  Now my boss is happy, and so am I.

Thanks again.

At 01:05 PM 1/8/01 -0700, Trent Shipley wrote:

> > >Any ideas?  Directory perms are set on /home/ShProj 777 root root.  I
> > >really need this to work.
>
>Having been afraid to ever install my own SAMBA, I boldly offer advice.
>
>The problem may well be the permission of 777 setting the execution bit for
>user, group, and all.  If you haven't turned off/on the right configuration
>options the MS machine will interpret the file as Archived/Hidden/System.
>An MS machine won't TOUCH a system file, by default it won't show a hidden
>file, and it may regard a file in need of archiving as locked.  Try setting
>default permissions to the ominous value of 666 (or less) and see if that
>helps.

Steven M. Klass
Physical Design Engineering Manager

Andigilog Inc.