HELP SAMBA Please!!!

Steven M. Klass sklass@andigilog.com
Mon, 08 Jan 2001 12:34:53 -0700

Hi All,

         All right we did the data server, and it almost works.

Here is the problem

         First everyone can log in and see their stuff.
         In Win NT Explorer I can right click and create a new Excel
Document, call it foo.txt
         I then double click it and it works like a charm, excel opens and
I can modify it, save it..

         New Scenario
         Open Excel, try to save it to Samba Share and it says "You do not
have permission to open this directory see the owner"
         This is for all shares including personal shares where I own the
directory.

Any ideas?  Directory perms are set on /home/ShProj 777 root root.  I
really need this to work.

Thanks a million

This is version 2.07. I saw all of the posts for version 2.04 my smb.conf file
--snip
#
# Steven M. Klass
#
# Created on 7/27/2000
# Re-worked on 12/26/2000 - had problems saving
#

#*************** G L O B A L S ******************

[global]

# Server Configuration data
netbios name = Boris
server string = %L the linux Data Server
workgroup = Andigiloginc

# Networking options
hosts allow = 10.10.10. 127.0.0.1
interfaces = 10.10.10.6

# Security
encrypt passwords = yes
security = user
username map = /etc/samba/smbusers

# Password Sync
#unix password sync = Yes
#passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
#passwd chat = *New* %n\n *Retype* %n\n * \n *success*
# passwd chat debug = True
# debug level = 101

# Logging Options
log level = 2
log file = /var/log/samba/samba.log.%m
max log size = 50
debug timestamp = yes

# Preformance
socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_SNDBUF=4096 SO_RCVBUF=4096
keep alive = 60
read prediction = yes
share modes = yes

#*************** S H A R E S ******************

[ShProj]
path = /home/ShProj
comment = Andigilog W: Drive
volume = Andigilog
guest ok = no
writeable = yes
share modes = yes
create mask = 664
directory mask = 777
veto files = /_*/.*/

[Company]
path = /home/company
comment = Andigilog V: Drive
volume = Company
guest ok = no
writeable = yes
create mask = 664
directory mask = 777
veto files = /_*/.*/

#[AndigilogUsers]
#path = /home/AndigilogUsers
#comment = Andigilog Users pub directory
#volume = Users
#guest ok = no
#writeable = yes
#create mask = 664
#directory mask = 777
#follow symlinks = yes
#wide links = yes
#veto files = /_*/.*/

[Music]
path = /home/music
comment = Music Drive
volume = Music
guest ok = no
writeable = no
directory mask = 777
veto files = /_*/.*/

#*************** H O M E S ******************

[homes]
comment = Network private directory for %U
writable = yes
create mask = 664
directory mask = 777
browsable = no