Any body using Cox@home internet >?

Pete Buechler peterb@suse.com
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 11:43:30 -0700

On Sunday 07 January 2001 05:21 pm, joethehoe007 wrote:

> > Im dual booting my sys. until I can figure out how to my internet
> working on suse 6.4. if any one out there is using @home on suse or
> knows how to config. it

I'm using @home with SuSE. I configure everything statically. I read
somewhere in the distant past that there is something odd about the
@home dhcpd so I have not even tried to configure it dynamically. The
installer who came out said that they have to set up Windows NT
statically, so Linux users are not the only ones experiencing problems.

Find out the following information:

1) Your hostname and address
2) Your netmask
3) Your DNS servers
4) Your default gateway

Then I set up everything using YAST.

Yast -> System Administration -> Network Configuration

Under that, do network base configuration, change host name, configure
network services, configure name server, and configure sendmail

--
Pete Buechler
Developer, SuSE Labs