graphics card purchase recommendations

Phil matsusatori@home.com
Sun, 07 Jan 2001 22:41:34 -0700

> Am 05. Jan, 2001 schwäzte AZ_Pete so:
>
> > can tell you I've had a VERY hard time getting various ATI Video Cards(AGP)
> > to work under Linux.  I could get the card to work, but always at a low
> > resolution, which was effectively unusable.
>
> I've got an ATI Rage 128 Pro. It works quite well. 1280x1024 with a TV
> card, so I've also got a vcr hooked up to it. That part doesn't work well,
> but I think it's because the vcr is ancient and hosed. Haven't hooked the
> new vcr up yet...

I'm currently using an ATI Xpert 98 (Rage 64) card.  I had absolutely no problems setting it up... as close to plug-and-play as you'll
get.  It's connected to a brand new 19 inch Futura that I have running at 1600x1200, 16bpp (this video card doesn't have enough RAM for
more), but it works just fine, no problems.

Phil