RH 6.2 & Epson printer problems

Michael J. Schweppe schweppe@schweppe.org
Sat, 06 Jan 2001 14:38:46 -0700

Hi Folks:

I'm trying to get my Epson Stylus Color 600 to run under Red Hat 6.2.  I
used Webmin to set the printer up.  I can print the ASCII test page and
directly to port in printtool.  I even installed the latest lpr rpm too.

However, I still get :

    lpr:lp:lp: unknown printer

from Netscape or if I try to print from a terminal window.

My printcap file is:

# /etc/printcap
#
# Please don't edit this file directly unless you know what you are
doing!
# Be warned that the control-panel printtool requires a very strict
format!
# Look at the printcap(5) man page for more info.
#
# This file can be edited with the printtool in the control-panel.

##PRINTTOOL3## LOCAL uniprint NAxNA letter {} U_EpsonStylusColor
stc600pl {}
Epson_Stylus:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/Epson_Stylus:\
        :sh:\