Any body using Cox@home internet

Stephen Smith ischis2@home.com
Sun, 07 Jan 2001 22:59:47 -0700

Yeah, I am using it on a Redhat 7.0 box:

   1)  DHCP client for COX (dhcpcd)
   2)  DHCP server for my internal net (for the house) <grin>
   3)  DNS, QMAIL and pop3.

A tip that took me 5 days to figure out:  I never could get the scripts to work correctly
to dynamically get the IP from cox as written.  My solution:  give the card a static ip
(preferably the one that use probably will get from cox and and then afterward call
dhcpcd.  Also, if you are running your own dns, use the the "-R" option for dhcpcd to
prevent its trashing of your resolv.conf file.

--
Stephen Smith
1955 E. Bluefield Ave.