Bad magic number in Super Block

Clayton Stapleton vernon@impulsedata.net
Sat, 06 Jan 2001 11:34:52 -0700

Thanks Pete;
Tried your suggestion with the same results.
Went to Debian on /dev/hda2 and did the following:
   e2fsck /dev/hdb
   Couldn't find ext2 super-block while trying to open /dev/hdb.

   The super-block could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2
filesystem.
   If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2 filesystem (and
not swap or ufs
   or something else), then the super-block is corrupt, and you might
try running
   e2fsck with an alternate super-block:
       e2fsck -b 8193 <device>
Tried the alternate super-block with no success. Guess it will be a
re-install after all.
Clay