Steering Committee Notes

Jim farli@wiredglobal.com
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 23:28:30 -0700

The PLUG Steering Commmittee met to discuss PLUG's future.

The first thing that we NEED is a PLUG Presentation Coordinator.  This
person would contact members/companies to do presentations at the monthly
PLUG meetings.  He/she would also maintain a list of scheduled
presentations and receive member suggestions and requests for
presentations.  Could the PLUG Presentation Coordinator be you?

The next thing we discussed was doing a "PLUG Presents...".  A lot of you
will remember when PLUG and a whole bunch of other people got together to
host a presentation by Eric Raymond.  It was a HUGE success.  But it was a
long time ago.  We decided to try to do another one maybe in August or
September.  We could get one big name person like Richard Stallman or Alan
Cox and put on a big show for the Phoenix computing community.  Of course,
we NEED someone to coordinate something like this.  Someone to schedule a
biggie, get corporate sponsors, find a site for the presentation, get a
boatload of freebies to hand out, coordinate publicity and reservations and
a whole host of other things.  Could that PLUG Presents Coordinator be you?

The next thing we talked about was finding someone to do a presentation on
the new 2.4 kernel.  Someone who can talk about the enhancements in 2.4.
Someone to explain how to upgrade to the new kernel and all the rest of the
cool stuff that is needed to run the new 2.4 kernel.  It would be cool to
have someone step up and offer to do this as early as the March PLUG
meeting. Could this be you?

If you want to accept one of the positions, if you are interested in
helping with one of them, or if you just want more information, contact me
off the list.

There is one other MAJOR thing we talked about, but that one deserves it's
own post.  GO FIND IT AND READ IT NOW!
--
Jim

Bliss comes from within, ignorance from without