Teergrube rocks!

Rusty Carruth rustyc@descomp.com
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 09:04:21 -0700 (MST)

Well, its time for me to come out of the woodwork and announce
the results of my testing of teergrube (antispam).

It ROCKS!

Before installing antispam (a teergrube), I got from 2-30 spams
a day. (sometimes more - one time I had 20 messages, 18 of which
were spam.  And I think the time period was less than 24 hours...)

After installing it AND CONFIGURING IT RIGHT I'm down to less than
1 per day direct spams.  (Unfortunately, I cannot use teergrubing
to stop the spam that hits my email forwarders, so I still get
spam from them)

Apparently spammers are now detecting a teergrube and deleting
your name from their lists!  This is way better than I'd imagined!

Once again, Francois is right!

(yymmv, destination charges may apply, see dealer for details! ;-)

rusty

oh - if anyone wants my nifty keeno spam address harvester (which
you WILL have to modify!) I'd be happy to send it.  The idea is
you have a user on your machine which takes email messages and
gets the ip address of the offending sender and appends it to a
list, which will later get added to your teergrube config file...
(by another little script)