alt platform reminder

der.hans PLUG@LuftHans.com
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 23:24:32 -0700 (MST)

moin, moin,

just a quick reminder that the topic for this month ( 11 Jan ) is
alternative platforms. We're trying to get non-desktops. Last year for
alternative architectures we got a netwinder, a Psion (PDA), an alpha
server and a PPC rack mount. I'm hoping those who brought those items in
can do so again this year :).

I'm also working with people from SGI, Monte Vista and TheLinuxStore to
bring in toys they have sitting around. Unfortunately I couldn't get the
S/390 from Germany...

A couple of people have mentioned stuff they have around the house. If you
have something, please feel free to bring it in to share with the
group. If you know of a company with a Linux box they want to show off,
please encourage them to swing by.

If anybody has a FireCard, that would be cool to see ( even if it's stuck
in a desktop :).

Any other ideas?

For Feb Jiva is gonna do KDE2.0 and Helix Gnome. Be in the movie, don't
wait for the book :).

bis dann,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.Opnix.com
#  Practice socially consious hedonism. Do whatever you want,