RedHat 7 and mySQL

Mark Phillips phillips@usa.net
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 20:36:35 -0700

I installed RedHat 7 from the original CDs, as well as all the security
patches and bug fixes (whew...almost as much fun as my root canal last month
without Novocain...).

I installed mySQL from the RedHat CDs, and also installed all the patches
they recommend. The mysql_install_db runs fine (I guess - there were no
errors), but when I try to start the daemon, it starts, and then aborts
because it cannot find ./mysql/host.frm. However, the file is sitting right
there.

Any suggestions on how to make the daemon run?

Thanks!

Mark

P.S. Yes, I paid for the CDs - $27.00 seemed a lot easier than downloading
for a few hours!