because I am not above asking...

sinck@ugive.com sinck@ugive.com
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 13:31:19 -0700

\_ As long as you are not moving the passwords, yes.  It seems the
\_ passwords are dependent upon position (based on experience where
\_ I tried to delete a user using vi on /etc/passwd, and every user
\_ after that position could no longer log in; I restored that user and
\_ all of the others could log in again).

Urk...that's new behaviour...I remember the good old days when I saw
someone stop-a a sun, bring it back up single user, type in the
encrypted password string *from memory* and had a viable user when it
came up all the way.

On an unrelated humor note:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/middle_east/newsid_1097000/1097631.stm

David