Unable to connect to net

Peter Martin mazdaracer@earthlink.net
Mon, 01 Jan 2001 12:15:06 -0700

Happy New Year to all!!!

My main system (desktop) is having problems connecting to the net.  The
desktop is an AMD500 w/128MB, 20GB HDD, Acceex 56K fax/voice modem,
Voodoo2000 AGP and a few other items.

Loaded Mandrake 7.1 (which is what I'm using on the company laptop right
now). All appears well. I installed  'ppp-2.4.0-3mdk.i586.rpm' to get
rid of the 'pppd died unexpectedly' error I was receiving.

I dial the ISP (Earthlink), looks good, appears to connect ok, then
launch Netscape. But Netscape never connects in it's default
configuration to the netscape home page.  I'm going to try the 7.2 later
this week to see if it's any different.

Has me really confused!  BTW, I downloaded the 4.76 Netscape and
uninstalled the 4.73 version and no difference.

Thanks again out there!!