Video card for viewing cable

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 18:29:03 -0700 (MST)

Am 27. Dec, 2000 schwäzte Jonathan Claxton so:

> I have a Hauppange TV card that I have been using for the last two or
> three years and I watch TV/VCR on it all the time. BTW, I use my VCR  to

Jonathan's setup is pretty nice. He brought it out for a few PLUG events
and that's what got me to go out and get a TV card for my box :). I bought
an ati rage all-in-wonder pro. GATOS works OK, but is a bit wavy and
doesn't seem to have a good contrast setup. Not that I really use it. I've
now watched one movie in the last 4 months :).

I'm also on a 21" monitor at 1280x1064 with 32 bit color. Haven't played
with that much to see if I get better performance.

As for figuring out which app to use I just searched for debian packages
for TV tuners, installed them all and ran them one by one to see if they'd
work :).

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.Opnix.com
# "... the social skills of a cow on acid." - der.hans