dhcpcd help

Rick Russell info@idatasys.com
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 10:45:34 -0700

I setup dhcp client for Cox last night and I had to make sure that the host
name of the machine was the CXXXXX-x that cox gave you when you machine got
setup.

Rick Russell
iDataSys.com

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-discuss-admin@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
[mailto:plug-discuss-admin@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us]On Behalf Of Carl
Parrish
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 11:12 PM
To: Phoenix Linux User Group
Subject: dhcpcd help

Okay I just switched to dhcpcd on my lap top. At work this works perfectly
but when I bring it home and try to plug it into my Cox network it doesn't
work. dhcpcd fails on startup and if I try to start it from the command
line it just hangs. when I type ifconfig eth0 doesn't even show up. I have
no idea what the problem is but I need to be able to get to the network
asap. Note my nic card has a green light and if I type network restart it
seems to go though fine. but dhcpcd can not start. And that's about all
the network tricks I know. So if anyone can help, please do.

Thanks,

Carl Parrish
webmaster
www.carlparrish.com