alpha box

Rooster dbarker6@qwest.net
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 12:25:07 -0700

> Again, take a look at www.alphalinux.org.  They have howto's (like srm,
milo,
> alphabios howto's) and install guides for the various Alpha boxen and
pointers
> to where to get them.

well the link for the alpha bios is outdated and no longer a valid link. but
trust me, i spent 2 weeks searching for bios upgrades and such. an upgrade
won't work. or least all of them i tried didn't work. which is why i'm
looking for anyone who may actually work on them. i've tried just about
every utility i could use on the compaq alpha site. now there are others for
os2, but to be able to use those, you needed an os2 box first. so, catch 22.
but to make things simple, i've already spent enough time banging my head so
i'm looking for someone who could show what i'm either doing wrong or the
correct way to get it working. the software search is over for now.

rooster