verify binary files

Kevin Brown kevin_brown@qwest.net
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 19:17:34 -0700

I set it up on a system.  The end user configures it to watch certain
directories and/or files.  Then runs it an initial time to get a signature for
Tripwire to compare future checks with.  The next time it is run it runs through
its config and rechecks those folders/files and reports any changes.  Its up to
the end user to determine why those things changed and determine if it means
they got hacked.