verify binary files

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 14:22:19 -0700 (MST)

Am 22. Feb, 2001 schwäzte Kevin Buettner so:

> On Feb 22,  1:09pm, Craig White wrote:
>
> > If I recall, someone listed a command that would verify and list any
> > binaries that had changed - does anyone know what the command was?
>
> It depends on the distribution.  On Red Hat systems, try ``rpm --verify''.

That should work for any rpm-based dist, right? It'll cover anything
installed from the package management system, but will miss the stuff
installed from tarballs, etc.

Craig might be looking for tripwire, though. I think there's an Open
Source package on Source Forge that does the same stuff as tripwire.

I don't see a similar option for dpkg or apt-get. The /usr/ports stuff
would have to use something similar to tripwire.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.YourCompanyHere.net ;-)
#  Science is magic explained. - der.hans