error-vfs can't mnt root fs

der.hans PLUGd@LuftHans.com
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 03:29:56 -0700 (MST)

Am 21. Feb, 2001 schwäzte Kevin Buettner so:

>   5) Watch the messages that the kernel prints when it's booting.
>      Remember that Shift-PageUp and Shift-PageDown may be used to
>      scroll the console messages (by a limited amount anyway).
>      Often there are valuable clues regarding what's going wrong
>      in these messages.

Speaking of which, does anybody know how to get those buffers to be more
persistent? I want to be able to switch to another console or to X and
then back and still be able to scroll through the buffers. Once logged in
one could take care of this via screen, but it'd specifically be
neato-keen to be able to scroll through the startup messages :). It'd also
be nice to be able to extend them, especially if that gets us firmware
stuff...

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.YourCompanyHere.net ;-)
#  Magic is science unexplained. - der.hans