server went down

Brian Cluff brian@snaptek.com
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 09:17:38 -0700

> This is exactly that tired and true vs. new car smell I am
> afraid of with 2.4  I run 2.4 on my desktop and don't really
> worry much about it but this is the BIG $$ maker.  I will
> wait till somewhere around 2.4.5 and see what word of mouth
> is at that time about it.

I wouldn't say that "new car" describes it exacly.  It's more like buying a
rental.  They are tried and tested quite a bit before the releases come out.
With the size of your machine.
I would probably wait till you do have a 2.4 kernel that you feel
comfortwable with, other wise the machine might find the load difficult to
handle.

Brian Cluff