Bind and DJBDNS.. DJBDNS ROCKS!!!

Steven M. Klass sklass@andigilog.com
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 06:17:39 -0700

Hey all,

         Ok, I started reading my mail and qmail has been getting some
bashing.  Yes it appears to be a little more difficult but after you figure
it out it's easy.  But that not the point of this email  With all of the
recent BIND problems I decided to give djbdns a try (It comes with a
monetary guarantee for gosh sake!!). For the uninitiated, djbdns and qmail
is written by the same guy.  I remember my woes with qmail at first, and my
woes for BIND weren't much nicer.  The install for a cache only system
using bind was anything but trivial...  Oh Boy was I in for a
shock!!  DJBDNS ROCKS!!!  This was the fastest tool install I have ever
done.  Let's face it, most of us have bind set up as a caching service, and
this tool does this in five steps.  I was floored!!  This is definitely
going to replace all of my Bind installs.  It was so easy!!

Later

Steven M. Klass
Physical Design Engineering Manager

Andigilog Inc.