Printer diagnostic program

Vaughn Treude vaughn@nakota-software.com
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 14:01:25 -0700

--------------9FD610DC9C6DD4B0753480BF

Hello all:
I've been trying to set up a Mandrake 7.0 box as a print server for my Epson Stylus 740 printer.   For the moment, I've got the printer
on a switch box (because I sometimes need to print from a Windows box, and I don't have the printer server set up yet.)  The printer
setup tool recognizes the printer, but I can't print through the switchbox.   Windows doesn't mind the switchbox, so why should Linux
have a problem with it?  I assume there's some signal or something that's being mangled, and I'd like to diagnose the problem, but I
can't find any good diagnostic software for the printer port.  I did a google search and all I could find were printer tools like
queues and filters.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Vaughn Treude

--
*****************
Nakota Software, Inc.

--------------9FD610DC9C6DD4B0753480BF

Hello all:
my Epson Stylus 740 printer.&nbsp;&nbsp; For the moment, I've got the printer
on a switch box (because I sometimes need to print from a Windows box,
and I don't have the printer server set up yet.)&nbsp; The printer setup
tool recognizes the printer, but I can't print through the switchbox.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Windows doesn't mind the switchbox, so why should Linux have a problem
with it?&nbsp; I assume there's some signal or something that's being mangled,
and I'd like to diagnose the problem, but I can't find any good diagnostic
software for the printer port.&nbsp; I did a google search and all I could
find were printer tools like queues and filters.&nbsp; Any suggestions?
<pre></pre>

<pre>--&nbsp;
Nakota Software, Inc.
Custom Industrial Software Development</pre>
&nbsp;</html>

--------------9FD610DC9C6DD4B0753480BF--