PLUG-ing BSD was Re: qmail install

Jean Francois azjeanfrancois@yahoo.com
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 15:19:34 -0800 (PST)

I have noticed, as I am sure all of you have, that there are a few heretics
among us that have been recommending one of the BSDs to Linux users when they
are having problems.

Is this a good time to start discussing what BSD User Groups are available and
maybe moving to/starting a new mailing list for the BSD users among us to take
the off-topic posts off of the PLUG list?

Sooner or later the Linux vs. *BSD Holy Wars will hit the list and I
prefer not to have to go thru that....again...

Another suggestion might be to slightly modify the PLUG charter to
be inclusive of all Free Operating Systems and Software.

I don't have a good mail system while my DSL is down but this might be
something for the Steering Commitee to examine if it hasn't done so
already in its open meeting or at least a good topic for discussion.

JLF Sends...